Data is good. Facts are better. In a Lean project make sure you have all the facts.
Course Number BE503 Measurement and Root Cause Analysis for Lean
Facilitating a study of a problem is the clear collection and organization of all relative information. It has to do with gathering and analyzing relevant intelligence so that the real or “root” causes of problems is understood. To do so successfully, just the right amount of measurement and observation must be used — not too much — just enough.
This course will enhance your ability to facilitate improvement through a systematic analysis of problems and make accurate decisions about what really needs improvement. It is highly interactive with a great deal of exercises and practice of tools.
- Purpose, Definition, and Characteristics of Performance Measurement
- Levels of Measurement: Strategic, Process Output, Process, & Input
- How to create a measurement plan
- Gathering data and learning how to measure
- Choosing Lean Drivers
- Understanding the Voice of the Customer
- Flow Factor Analysis
- Understanding variation
- Measurement tools (Data collection sheets, concentration diagrams, dot plots, distribution sheets, process control charts, trend charts)
- Analyzing data and Root Cause Analysis tools (including Pareto Analysis, Fishbone Diagram, Five Why’s, and Categorized Causality)
- Creating a measurement plan: Principles and practice
Upon completion of this one-day course, participants will have learned or reinforced how lead a team through improved systematic analysis of processes.
What career paths benefit the most from Lean Daily Management Workshop?
- This course is appropriate for all industries
- Project Managers and staff who own or participate in process development and execution will also benefit greatly
- Lean leaders, operational managers, and administrative support staff will all benefit from learning more about this method of continuous process improvement and employee engagement
On‐site training & coaching
In addition to our courses, we provide on‐site training and coaching to individuals and teams