Gain Tools in Your Drive for Operational Excellence
Created within the world of product manufacturing to eliminate defects, minimize waste, and improve process performance, Lean and Six Sigma methodologies are now routinely adapted and applied to all manner of business and enterprise. From banking and insurance to service organizations, healthcare, and even governmental agencies, Lean and Six Sigma helps drive overall performance excellence across many industries.
This course provides participants with a foundational understanding of Lean and Six Sigma fundamental principles, basic methodologies, and the history of their development. The class is structured for a team environment, and by the end of the course, students will have an understanding of how Lean and Six Sigma fit within an overall continuous improvement architecture and how these methodologies can be used to create powerful problem solving and process improvement solutions. The class will review actual case studies to observe how Lean and Six Sigma is applied to real life business development situations.
- What is Lean?
- What is Six Sigma?
- How are Lean and Six Sigma Similar, and How are They Different?
- History of Lean
- History of Six Sigma
- Overview of Key Lean Tools and Methodologies
- Overview of Key Six Sigma Tools and Methodologies
- Effective Application of Lean and Six Sigma
- Continuous Improvement System Architecture
- Strategy Deployment as a Framework to Guide Successful Implementation of Lean Six Sigma
- Fundamental Principles Behind Both Lean and Six Sigma
- Risks and Challenges to the Effective Application of Lean and Six Sigma
- Business Case Study Exploration
- Various Implementation Strategies and Success Factors
Upon completion of the one-day workshop, participants will understand the fundamental principles of Lean and Six Sigma and how these tools can be applied to solve problems, improve processes and drive performance excellence within their workplace.
What Career Paths Benefit the Most From Lean & Six Sigma Overview Workshop?
- Business leaders and employees interested in learning Lean Six Sigma basics
- Six Sigma and Lean certification candidates
- Business leaders from public, private, profit, and non‐profit organizations who aspire to operational excellence
- Personnel engaged in process development and/or execution
- Lean Six Sigma Practitioners interested in a high level Lean and Six Sigma review
- People who want to coach others in systematic problem solving, Six Sigma or Lean Six Sigma
- Future Lean and Six Sigma Practitioners and Implementation Champions
- Executives, Managers, or Supervisors responsible for employees engaged in Lean Six Sigma activities or implementation of a Continuous Improvement (CI) program