Develop sustained Lean every day through small tests of change and interactive coaching
Course Number BE903: Lean Improvement Kata: Sustained Lean in the Workplace
The DNA of Kaizen. Developing an improvement culture and habits, and coaching skills for daily problem-solving. Learn about how to motivate, teach, and sustain improvement to development a “learning organization.” Develop communication and coaching skills so that your associates are “ready” for engagement.
- Why Lean & the Role of Leadership
- What is Improvement Kata and why do it?
- The Improvement Kata Pattern
- Guidelines for Practicing Kata
- Roles and Responsibilities
- How to Perform Improvement Kata
- Understanding the Issues and Challenges
- Seeing & Understanding the Current Condition
- Asking the Right Questions
- Identifying Outcomes – The Target Solution
- Test and Implement, Adapt or Work Toward the Target Solution
- Guidelines for Coaching
- Practice Routine: How to Do a Coaching Cycle
- Tools for Coaching
- Situational Leadership
- Leadership Inventory: Understanding and Improving your Leadership Style to Fit the Needs of Others
- Learning Styles Inventory & How that Affects Communication
- Helping Others Become More Self-Reliant
- Taking It Home – Next Steps
Upon completion of this one-day course, participants will have a strong foundation in how to solve problems, make improvements on a daily basis, and coach others to do so.
What career paths benefit the most from Lean Situational Leadership Workshop?
- Business professionals and practitioners interested in learning how Lean can improve productivity, lead time and quality and make their day to day activities easier and more fulfilling
- People working with manufacturing or non-manufacturing processes
- Executive management or for-profit and non-profit organizations
- Administrative personnel who own or participate in process development and execution
On‐site training & coaching
In addition to our courses, we provide on‐site training and coaching to individuals and teams