Set a strong foundation in Six Sigma project deﬁnition and planning methodologies with our one day overview course
Course Number SS500 Six Sigma Project Deﬁnition and Planning: Project Deﬁnition and Planning to Create a Smooth Process from the Beginning.
This one–day workshop will focus on what could be the most critical part of the Six Sigma journey; learning project deﬁnition and planning to create a smooth process from the very beginning. In this workshop students will focus their effort on a selected project and learn the following foundational tools of process success: deﬁning clear objectives, and writing a problem statement, a scope of work, the voice of the customer, and what represents a successful project conclusion. By the end of the day, the student will have a clear understanding of how to plan for success using thoughtful project deﬁnition and planning.
The following areas of focus will be covered to build a strong Lean and Six Sigma foundation:
- Intro to Six Sigma, Voice of the Customer, and Project Deﬁnition.
- What is Six Sigma?
- Assessment and selection of Six Sigma projects.
- Protocols for structured Six Sigma protocols — DMAIC, DMADV, IDOV.
- Voice of the Customer (VOC) — how to think about customer needs and assess and improve the impacts of customer satisfaction on both customer loyalty and company revenues using correlation and Kano Analysis.
- Deﬁning a design or improvement project — Problem Statement, Proposal and Scope.
- The current state process ‐ SIPOC diagrams.
- Developing process improvement metrics and plans.
- Preparing the project for success — Force Field and Stakeholder Analysis
- The ﬁrst step in DMAIC Phase completed with a project deﬁnition including the problem statement, proposal, and project charter.
- A plan for beginning the second Six Sigma DMAIC Phase of measurement.
- Coaching on the application of the methods introduced in this ﬁrst phase of Six Sigma or Lean Six Sigma and beyond.
- How these methods apply to Six Sigma, Lean Six Sigma, DFSS, Quality Management Systems development, and Process Design and Management towards the achievement of both continuous improvement and process excellence.
- Discussion of Various Implementation Strategies and Success Factors.
Upon completion of the one—day workshop, participants will have completed a project deﬁnition and measurement plan to begin collecting data for their projects. They will also have developed a strategy to help them assure success in completing their projects.
What career paths beneﬁt the most from Six Sigma Project Deﬁnition and Planning Workshop?
- People with manufacturing or non-manufacturing processes.
- Executive and senior management for public and private, proﬁt and nonproﬁt organizations.
- Administrative personnel who own or participate in process development and execution.
- Manufacturing, Process, Quality, Reliability and Metrology Engineers.
- Product and process development and design engineers.
- Marketing, ﬁnancial, and business analysts.
- Six Sigma and Lean Six Sigma certiﬁcation candidates.
- People who aspire to coach others in systematic problem solving, Six Sigma, or Lean Six Sigma.
- Business leaders who aspire to operational excellence.
Additional Course Notes
Customized and on-site versions of this course are available for organizations desiring to target specific groups or objectives. Examples include: Executive Management; quality and process engineers with an emphasis on how to use statistical methods for problem-solving; equipment operators with a focus on participating in problem-solving teams; marketing and business research personnel with a focus on how to solve problems, and develop improvement projects, in response to survey questions or other research methods.
Prerequisites: No prerequisites
Credit and Follow-up
Participants who complete this course successfully will earn credit toward Six Sigma Yellow Belt, Six Sigma Green Belt, and Six Sigma Black Belt certification. Participants completing the course will earn the right to return to audit free of charge when the course and classroom space is available.
Credits: 0.75 CEUs
On‐site training & coaching
In addition to our courses, we provide on‐site training and coaching to individuals and teams