Learn how to perform every day problem-solving with PDSA. The course is energy-packed and hands-on; participants will practice the concepts and tools in a simulation
Course Number BE809: Learning to Improve — the Kaizen Way: Creating a Learning Culture through Continuous Improvement
Authentic Lean requires continuous improvement — every day, by every person. To achieve continuous improvement an organization needs a reliable improvement method. The objective of this training is to provide you with the necessary skills and knowledge to implement continuous improvement in the workplace. Students will learn how to align improvement activities, create an improvement focus, and perform every day problem-solving with PDSA and small tests of change. The course is energy-packed and hands-on; participants will practice the concepts and tools in a simulation.
- Overview of the Reliable Method for Improvement (SBAR/PDSA) & how it works.
- PDSA (The Plan Do Study Act Method).
- How to Align with Key Performance Indicators and create a Focus for Improvement.
- Creating a Plan for testing and implementing improvement solutions.
- How to test and study a solution.
- Acting on your test: Adopt, Adapt, or Abandon.
- Creating controls and new standards.
Upon completion of this one-day course, participants will have learned or reinforced the concepts of Lean continuous improvement.
What career paths benefit the most from Learning to Improve — the Kaizen Way Workshop?
- Business professionals and practitioners interested in learning how Lean can improve productivity, lead time and quality and make their day to day activities easier and more fulfilling
- People working with manufacturing or non-manufacturing processes
- Executive management or for profit and non-profit organizations
- Administrative personnel who own or participate in process development and execution
On‐site training & coaching
In addition to our courses, we provide on‐site training and coaching to individuals and teams